We have found certain situations under which the channel status window does not display all running channels, which explains the situation under #2 below. However, this does not explain the original problem you describe. Please try the following:
- Restart the server.
- Configure FoxWeb to not run as a service, and disable the Hide Channels option.
- Start FoxWeb and verify that all your channels are up and running.
- Kill channel 1, by right clicking on the corresponding icon in the task bar and selecting Close.
- Does the channel restart properly?
- Let FoxWeb run until the problem re-appears.
- Do your channels start disappearing until you run out, or is the problem isolated to channels 1 and 2?
Also, while the problem is in effect, please export the FoxWeb registry key and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. you will need to rename the file to .txt (ar any other extention), so that it does not get blocked by our mail server.
|FoxWeb Support Team|
Sent by James Williams on 08/17/2005 04:52:13 AM:
We are seeing this problem in version 3.0 & 3.1 where channels become locked and will not restart unless the server is restarted.
We are running 6 channels as services on windows 2003 sbs server with version 3.1.
Channels 1 & 2 lockout and do not show under showchannels and show in the registry as "_killed". These channels will not come back untill you restart the server.
We have tried to get these channels restarted by :-
1. Stoping foxweb and restarting.
2. Stoping foxweb and unchecking "run as service", this will start the remaining 4 channels, but under show channels will show channels 3,5,6 channel 4 is missing but seems to be running. (?)
Channels 1 & 2 remain locked out.
Only 4 vfp7.exe files show up in Processes under task manager.
The only thing that will sort out all the problems is a server restart.