Have done as asked and the channel restarts correctly. Will leave it running on these settings to see if the problem starts to re-occur.
Also forgot to mention that we also tried changing the port value in the registry so that the channels would start on a higher number but this did not change anything.
Will send to the foxweb registry key, but we have restarted the server now so it may not contain what you are looking for.
Sent by FoxWeb Support on 08/17/2005 09:54:17 AM:
We have found certain situations under which the channel status window does not display all running channels, which explains the situation under #2 below. However, this does not explain the original problem you describe. Please try the following:
- Restart the server.
- Configure FoxWeb to not run as a service, and disable the Hide Channels option.
- Start FoxWeb and verify that all your channels are up and running.
- Kill channel 1, by right clicking on the corresponding icon in the task bar and selecting Close.
- Does the channel restart properly?
- Let FoxWeb run until the problem re-appears.
- Do your channels start disappearing until you run out, or is the problem isolated to channels 1 and 2?
Also, while the problem is in effect, please export the FoxWeb registry key and send it to us at email@example.com
. you will need to rename the file to .txt (ar any other extention), so that it does not get blocked by our mail server.
|FoxWeb Support Team|
Sent by James Williams on 08/17/2005 04:52:13 AM:
We are seeing this problem in version 3.0 & 3.1 where channels become locked and will not restart unless the server is restarted.
We are running 6 channels as services on windows 2003 sbs server with version 3.1.
Channels 1 & 2 lockout and do not show under showchannels and show in the registry as "_killed". These channels will not come back untill you restart the server.
We have tried to get these channels restarted by :-
1. Stoping foxweb and restarting.
2. Stoping foxweb and unchecking "run as service", this will start the remaining 4 channels, but under show channels will show channels 3,5,6 channel 4 is missing but seems to be running. (?)
Channels 1 & 2 remain locked out.
Only 4 vfp7.exe files show up in Processes under task manager.
The only thing that will sort out all the problems is a server restart.